Pages





Monday, March 15, 2010

Fear Factor

On Saturday evening, we had two other families over for dinner.  Between the three families, there were 9 kids ranging in age from 6 months all the way to 7.  The older kids spent most of the time outside, playing all over our property.  Today, the kids and I went outside to check on the garden and play.  I ended up sitting by the pond with Rachel, while the other kids climbed a tree.  Natalie, who is 5, is more of a talker than I am, and she was telling me about all the things that she and her friends talked about on Saturday.  Apparently, based on what Natalie's friends told her, we have coyote snakes in our "river" (aka the drainage creek that runs along the side of our property), dead horses in our pond (that was deduced because of the horse manure next to the pond....the only logical conclusion that could be drawn from that little clue), and one of her friends owes her $50.00 because she ate a lily pad (considering we don't actually have lily pads in the pond, I'm not sure what she actually ate, but I guess it wasn't poisonous, so no harm, no foul).  By the end of that conversation, Natalie was high up in the tree and then asked me "Mom, if a beaver cuts down this tree, will it cause an earthquake?"  Wow...the things kids come up with never cease to amaze and amuse me =).  They are so cute.  I am glad I took the time to listen to her today.  Also, I fully intend to contact the parent of the child who owes her the $50.00...so we can cash in on that. 





 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey 50 bucks is 50 bucks!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...