Pages





Wednesday, February 3, 2010

St. Blaise, Pray for us.....PLEASE!!

Well, the last few days have been quite hectic over here.  Early last Monday morning, the stomach flu decided to visit our home.  It started at 2:30 a.m. with Natalie and quickly progressed through the rest of us.  Thankfully, my prayers were answered and Rachel managed to make it through without even a hint of a tummy ache.  Although dealing with an active and hungry nursing baby amidst the throws of nausea and what accompanies it was....well, there is no adequate word to say what that was like! The kids and I are past the worst part, but poor Phil is still in bed with nausea.  I do not envy the man!  I despise that feeling...I wish I could take it from him.  However, we are now stuck in that in between sick and healthy phase, and with little ones this is a tough phase to be stuck in!  They are getting their energy back, but not enough to really go play outside or do much more than read books and watch movies.  Food is iffy at best, so we've been sticking to soups, crackers, and gatorade.  The kids are past the point of being tired of stuck inside, so it's a struggle to keep the whining and frustrations at bay.  Needless to say the Feast of St. Blaise came at the perfect time!  I am counting on him to send graces in very large amounts today to help me keep my patience and compassion at an all time high today.  Throwing up counts as a throat problem too, right??  

On the plus side, Natalie has had lots of time to practice her knitting.  She really is doing a great job.  She really wanted to learn when I started, and I was hesitant because I didn't think she could do it, but she can!  And it has come in extremely handy right now because it gives her something to do besides focus on the fact that she is bored, but doesn't feel well enough to play yet.
 

I've also been able to get a lot done on my knitting project as well.  I'm participating in a knit along project over at the bernat website (I know...I'm a huge nerd - sorry).  I've gotten two of my squares done from the first set of instructions (I'm way behind....they have 8 instructions up already!)  But, I am determined to finish it even though it is almost over.  In my defense, I didn't find out about it until after they were almost done posting all the instructions.  Knitting is relaxing...you should really try it sometime!  Natalie and I have been enjoying knitting together these last couple of days.

Here are my first two blocks:
Believe it or not, these will make a blanket when I'm done

Andrew and Rachel have been hanging in there.  Andrew is pretty restless from being inside for so long, but hopefully tomorrow he can get out again.  He and Rachel have been playing together a good bit lately.  


Well, I think that about covers it!  Now I'm planning on getting the house cleaned (it's a complete disaster), doing TONS of laundry, and getting things back to normal.  Hopefully next week I can get back to gardening too!!! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...