Pages





Sunday, January 31, 2010

Giving Thanks

What a great weekend!  I got to cash in on my mother's day present from last year on Saturday and it was awesome!  Phil gave me a gift card to spend the day at a spa, so I left him with all three kids and just spent the day relaxing.  Ladies, tell your husband you want that for mother's day and guys, get your wife a gift card for a massage, facial, manicure, pedicure, or any combination of those....she will love you forever if you do!  As for me, my husband got me ALL four of them and it came with lunch!  I could not have asked for a better way to relax and I felt refreshed and ready to handle anything motherhood could throw my way when I was done.  That was until I got home and the baby had several DVD's out and was scratching them all over the living room floor!  Ah well...back to reality =)  And, as Phil was quick to remind me, "you just went to the spa...why are you aggravated?"  He was right, of course, and I feel very thankful that he reminded me to be thankful and joyful instead of letting little things get to me.  I have a bad habit of doing that...it's a project I work on constantly.  And I really do have so much to be thankful for - like a husband who makes sure that I get some time to my self because he knows I won't do it on my own, for example.  So, I try to spend Sundays thinking about those things that I am most thankful for.  I think Sunday is the perfect day to reflect on the good things God has put in my life because throughout the rest of the week, I just get busy and hurried and caught up in all of life's duties and responsibilities.  So, Since Sunday is God's day, I've decided a good way to offer that day back to Him is by spending it thanking Him for what He has done for my life - including giving me a little one who likes to ruin DVD's :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...