Pages





Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Dug me a hole!

Well, not really a hole, but....I did haul dirt from one very far side of the yard to the other using only my bare hands and a shovel....and a pick-up truck, a 5 year old, a 3 year old, a 1 year old, and a tarp...up-hill, both ways, in the snow!  I got about 1/3 of one of my garden beds filled with nice, dark, crumbly soil.  God is teaching me a lot about patience, and even more about the peacefulness and serenity of working outside doing manual labor.  While I am really anxious and ready to have my garden ready for seeds, I've really been enjoying the time spent prepping it and putting in the elbow grease to get it where it needs to be.  There's just something really simple, fun, and satisfying about working like that...and I feel alot cooler than really I am when I'm driving my husband's big 'ole pick-up around the yard with kids hanging all over it and a baby sitting in my lap =)  Here's what we accomplished today...and we even got in a picnic lunch when we were through!  Life is good!


Monkeying around:



I love that my kids can help around the house now =)

The little crumb culprit (see that little peanut butter cracker in her hand - crumbs all over!):
  

Before we loaded the truck with soil:



We found this guy while shoveling:
 

They were supposed to be helping me....
 

But they made mud cakes instead:
 

Rachel and Andrew:
 

The first load: 
 

=)
 

And I've got a long way to go:
 

Picnic time!:
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...