Pages





Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Meet our cows

What is it about having children that completely ruins my ability to remember even the simplest things???  The termite guy is coming this morning and Phil told me on several occasions what time he would be here, and yet I could not, for the life of me, recall what time he'll be here!!  I was frantically rushing around the house trying to get all of us decent and at least half-way presentable because I was sure that the termite guy would be here at 8 o'clock until I just decided to swallow my pride and text Phil to ask him one more time exactly what time they'll be here.  Of course, I was wrong about the time.  But, I was glad because now I have time to get everyone ready peacefully instead of barking out orders to hurry up and stop running naked around the house!

On another note, Phil gave me a great idea for a new post.  One of our cows will be having her calf in a couple of weeks, so I'm going to try and do a few posts on that.  We have 2 cows, one steer, and a heifer calf.  Now, I have a friend who has the cutest names for her farm animals.  Stuff like Ginger, Hersey, Gloria, Honey....why can't we think of cute stuff like that?!  We use names like T-bone and Bacon.  I think we have Bella and Ellie now for the 2 grown cows, but Natalie changes their names so much I can't really keep up.  But, for the sake of this post, we'll stick with Ellie for the pregnant cow, Bella for the other mama cow, T-bone for the steer, and I'll get back with you on the name for the heifer calf - I can't think of something cute right now.  I've already been peed and vomited on and it's not even 9 a.m. (so much for getting ready peacefully!).  As for the one on the way, I really want another female so I can turn her into a milk cow!  I think that would be the coolest, and it would be awesome for the kids to learn how to bring her up, train her, and then milk her when she's ready =)  Phil says it's not as easy as I make it sound - that whole idealist vs. realist thing is killing me!
  
Anyway, here she is all pregnant!:


  
This is T-bone:



Bella:



the heifer calf in front (who Natalie has since named Stacy), then T-bone, then Ellie:




Bella (mama to Stacy):




Pregnant Ellie again:




 Hopefully we have a calf on the ground by the end of February!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...