Pages





Monday, February 8, 2010

My Conscience has Spoken

After all the excitement of last night's game - Oh yes!  The Saints did when the Superbowl!! - the kids and I had a pretty lazy morning.  So, when we finally got up, they were starving.  Atleast they thought they were...so, I headed straight to the kitchen, by passing my Morning Offering.  After breakfast, I headed to the massively over-flowing laundry basket for a knock-down, drag-out fight.  Then, my conscience steps in.  Her name is Natalie.  And this is the conversation that followed:
 
Natalie:  Mom, you didn't say your prayers yet
Me:  I know...I'm just going to put this laundry to wash and then I'll do my morning prayers
Natalie:  But Mom, you have to pray every morning...you have to!
Me:.....
(humility strikes me down yet again)
Needless to say, the laundry is still piled up and the breakfast dishes are wreaking havoc in my kitchen, but my Morning Offering is in Heaven working it's magic and my soul is more peaceful than it was an hour ago, and the kids are actually playing together nicely. 

Now about that laundry....

1 comments:

Devin Rose said...

God definitely speaks to me most often through my reason and conscience. However, sometimes he moves me in new directions without me expecting it!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...