Pages





Saturday, February 27, 2010

Weekend Musings


The kids and I are on our own this weekend. My husband is on a silent retreat (which is more of a Lenten fast than I bargained for...I would be willing to bet that him having to be silent for 3 days is way harder on me than him...it's killing me to not be able to even call and say goodnight!), so I was kind of looking forward to getting stuff done around the house, taking some pictures, blogging, and just relaxing with the kids. I've definitely got the relaxing part down, but as for the rest of the list...not so much. It seems that every time my husband goes on retreat, one or all of the kids get sick. Natalie came down with a fever the afternoon Phil left, and Andrew was not far behind her. All three of the kids have this nasty cough that sounds suspiciously croup-ish. Needless to say, all they really want to do is sit on the couch and read, cuddle, or watch movies. Which is why I am getting the relaxing part in (well, physically anyway...there's still the worry that always accompanies having sick children). All I've been hearing this weekend is "Mommy, will you sit with me??" So, I sit...and sit...and sit; which has actually been really nice. Most days I find myself too busy to just sit and do nothing with my little ones; and, most days they are too active to want to sit that still. But, I seem to remember a certain sister who just sat at the feet of Our Lord, and who was said to have 'chosen the better part'. And, isn't "will you sit with me?" a question Christ asks us daily? And, while I don't like to see my kids sick, I am going to just sit and enjoy this time with them instead of telling them to "wait until I finish the laundry." Because I know how precious this time is, and it will be gone before I know it. I can always clean house while they sleep. And, I'm sure Monday will roll around and they will be back to full energy again, and I'll be busy with our daily routine of chores, school, and playing outside.

As for taking pictures, that is another Lenten fast that I did not bargain for! I left my camera at my sister's house, and I still haven't gotten a chance to get it back yet. Not that my camera is even functioning right now, anyway. I really need a new one. Mine won't hold a charge, even if you put brand new batteries in it! I try to take a picture, and the little low battery light starts blinking, and then the camera shuts down O_o. How am I supposed to blog properly with no camera?? Perhaps the Easter Bunny will put one in my basket this year seeing as I am being forced to give up taking pictures for Lent. I guess since I hate that I am unable to take pictures, it is truly a perfect sacrifice for me.

Also, I did get this new post up, so 2 out of 4 on my list of 'to-dos' for this weekend ain't bad, right??

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...