Pages





Monday, February 14, 2011

Homeschool Mother's Journal - 2

 The Homeschool Mother's Journal 

Here's my journal for this week!  Enjoy, and click on over to The Homeschool Chick's blog to see what other Mother's are doing in their homeschool journey =)

In my life this week...
Let's see....this week we have Valentine's Day, and so we'll be having a homeschool Valentine's party at PE.  The weather has been so cold that the homeschool group has postponed the party twice now, but we should be able to have it this week.  The weather has been much nicer lately.  Phil and I will probably have an at home date night tonight, which will be really nice!  And, Luke and Andrew both have doctor's appointments this week. 
In our homeschool this week...
This week, we are starting week 3 of our 3rd quarter.  Natalie is learning how to read a clock, and her reading assignments are really starting to pick up.  I think she is finally starting to enjoy reading class, because it's not just spelling and word repetition anymore.  She's finally getting to apply all those words she's been learning in her readers, and she really likes it.  We've also been studying the miracles of Jesus this quarter, which we all have been enjoying.  The lessons are basically like reading a story book, so all the kids enjoy sitting and listening to them. 
Places we're going and people we're seeing...
We may go to story time tomorrow, but I'll probably just play that one by ear.  The kids are getting over being sick, so it may be wiser to just stay home.  They were sick 2 weekends ago, got better, and then picked up some other nastiness  when we got out for a dentist appointment.  We'll also be seeing our pediatrician this week...Luke for his 2 month visit, and Andrew for his 4 year visit.  I love seeing how much they grow, and comparing it to how big their siblings were at their age =)
My favorite thing this week was...
celebrating Andrew's birthday!  Last night, we had cake and presents, and ate hamburgers, which were his special Birthday dinner request =)  Can't believe my little guy is 4 already!!
What's working/not working for us...
I have GOT to get back on a more regular schedule.  I realize with a new baby I need to be flexible, but I could definitely exercise a little more self-control and self-discipline with my time.  Luke is starting to fall into his own natural rhythm, so I just need to work my day around that, and then adjust as necessary...
Homeschool questions/thoughts I have...
This week, I really need to get on the ball with Natalie's grading.  I have almost 2 weeks worth of work that needs grading, but I'm not even sure how important it is to keep daily grades at this stage.  I mean, she's only in first grade, and she's still learning the basic skills, so is it really necessary to keep daily grades, or are the quarter tests sufficient??  I don't want to burn out before get to far into homeschooling, but I want to have good grading habits, as well....
A photo, video, link, or quote to share...
The kids with my Aunt Leona...she practically helped raise me when I was a kid.  She's really my great aunt, so this would be a 4 generation span, right??  This picture is very special to me...I just love her!

Happy 4th Birthday, Andrew!!

She put herself to sleep last night ;)
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...