Pages





Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Product Pre-Review

My last post about Andrew in the diaper pail reminded me that I am starting to run low on soap for my cloth diapers.  To make a long story short, we have hard well-water, so I have to be very choosy about detergent for my diapers if I want to avoid build-up problems that can cause leakage, or worse, ruin my diapers.  You pretty much can't use any detergent that contains scents, dyes, bleaches, or other additives that can ruin the absorbency of the diapers.  So, after MUCH research, trial, and error, I've found a detergent that works well enough.  I currently use Allen's Naturally, which is free from any kind of agent that may destroy my investment in cloth diapering.  And, while I'm happy with the level of cleanliness, and the fact that my diapers don't leak, I have never been excited about the fact that it is scentless.  I like my laundry to come out smelling fresh and nice, but my diapers just don't.  They don't stink, but they don't have a nice scent, either.  So, a friend of mine on Facebook, who also cloth diapers, posted about this new detergent specifically for cloth diapers, and they are scented!!  And, get this, they have a special formula for hard-water!!  I can't wait to try this stuff out.  It's called Rockin' Green Soap.  I ordered some samples today (just in case it doesn't work as well as advertised), in 4 (oh yes!  FOUR) different scents:  watermelon, lavender mint, clean, and green tea.  They actually have a few more than that, but those were the only ones I was interested in.  I also got a bottle of the pail freshener to try out in the lavender mint scent.  So, for fellow cloth users, I'll follow up this post with a review of how well the stuff works.  Also, if you are a cloth user, what kind of detergent do you use, or have you ever tried the Rockin' Green Soap?  I'm always on the lookout for tips on keeping my diapers clean and in good condition...I need these to last through several rounds of diapering! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...