Pages





Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Little Thoughts

My husband does this thing with the kids where he pretends to be mad at them, even though he really isn't.  He says it has something to do with building character, but as they walk away, dejected and sulking, and he's cracking up laughing, I just don't get it.  Maybe it's oldest child syndrome, and he just feels the need to pick on someone smaller than he is.  I still don't get it...I'm the youngest in my family.  Anyway, he did that tonight with Natalie, and there were lots of "yes, sirs" and "no, sirs" on her part, complete with a sad, but confused look on her face.  He was giving her a hard time about going swimming without asking him for permission, when she had, in fact, asked my permission, and I had told her yes.  After she left the kitchen, and Phil was laughing, I fussed at him and told him not to do that, or she wouldn't like him anymore.  He replied "whatever, she loves me...everyday when I come home, she runs up and hugs me."  Point well taken.  But, I really hate to be wrong, so I tried to prove him wrong, anyway.

Me:  "Natalie?"
Natalie:  "yes, sir"
Phil:  "see??  She likes me better"
Me (giving the evil eye to Phil):  "Do you love your Daddy?"
Natalie:  "yes, ma'am"
Me:  "Do you love your Mommy?"
Natalie:  "yes, ma'am"
Me:  "Who do you love better?"
Natalie:  "Uh...Jesus."

Smart kid...it must be all that 'character building' she receives around here ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...