Pages





Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Just so I don't forget this story years down the road...

We are a cloth diapering family.  Well, I am into cloth diapering...my husband has already told me that if I die, he's throwing them away.  Not that he doesn't appreciate the money it saves us, and he doesn't mind me using them, but I am pretty sure he has no interest whatsoever in cleaning the things.  I mean, let's face it, it's not exactly roses and lovely fragrances we're dealing with here.  I can't really blame him, but for some reason, I actually really enjoy using them, and, for the most part, I don't mind the maintenance.  And, all those different colored FuzziBunz on a baby are just so darn cute!  Anyway, I use one of those plastic garbage cans with the step on it that opens the lid as a diaper pail.  So, last night I put all the diapers and the diaper pail liner to wash, and I just left the diaper pail in the pantry, instead of putting it outside to rinse and air out (it's not exactly the best smelling item when you empty it).  Well, Andrew was playing with a bouncy ball, and naturally it landed *in* the empty diaper pail.  (I'm sure you can see where this is going now...).  I didn't realize what happened, until I walked to the laundry room to get something, and I see Andrew....he is headfirst inside the diaper pail!  I said "Andrew!  what are you doing?!"  Actually, first I said "Phil, will you look at your son?"  Andrew said, "just getting my bouncy ball", as he climbed out, wiped himself off, and ran off to play with his ball...he had just had a bath, too.  Little boys are so gross!  I hope we have a bunch more of them ;)

1 comments:

Loren said...

I love stories like this. :)
It's so great to know there are other young, Catholic mothers out there. You have a beautiful family!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...