Pages





Wednesday, July 6, 2011

In a Galaxy Far, Far Away.....


Ok, I have a confession to make.  The nerd in me has been looking forward to the Star Wars phase of our kids' lives probably since our first son was born!  Well, at the library last week, Andrew happened to pick up one of those 'easy reader' books, and it was a Star Wars one.  He.was.hooked!  And, I promise, there was no encouragement or prompting from me!  It has a been a week full of Jedi Knights, Jabba the Hut, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and, of course, Light Sabers!  And, oh boy, is it fun!  I used to love, love, love watching the original Star Wars Trilogy as a kid, and it's really a joy to see them enjoy something from my childhood.  Andrew constructed a Light Saber out of a medicine syringe and a plastic straw...I totally slacked on the photo op there =(  And, oh my gosh, have you seen all the really cool Star Wars things you can knit and sew for your boy on the blogs these days?!?!?  I doubt I'll make any of it, but still fun to look at =)  I'm not sure who is enjoying it more, me or them.  Andrew told me the other day, "a Jedi is always on his guard...you have to watch out for Jabba the Hut!"   Then, yesterday, Natalie was hiding in the "jungle" behind the couch, and she was telling Andrew about all the things you could find in there:  "you know, Andrew, raccoons, foxes, snakes, Jabba the Hut...things like that."  Tonight, we get to enjoy the first Star Wars episode for our family movie...can't wait!  I'll leave you with one more quote....

Andrew:  "Hey Mom, how do you spell R2D2?"....love that kid!

 Oh, and may the force be with you!


2 comments:

noreen said...

My 11 year old son is still loving Star Wars. For the past couple of years, he spends a lot of time building the Star Wars Legos. How did Andrew like the Star Wars Movie?

Cathy LeBlanc said...

yeah, we are just getting into the wonderful world of Legos, too. I just love Legos =) He really liked it! They all did. We are anxious to see the second one now. I think we are going to hold off on the third one...I hear it gets pretty dark in that one. It's been awhile since I've seen them, so I don't really remember.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...