Pages





Sunday, April 18, 2010

ABC Gum

My five year old, Natalie, is addicted to gum.  She's like that kid, Violet, from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.  She would chew the same piece of gum for days if I let her.  A couple weeks of go, my in-laws were visiting and helping my husband work on our fencing, and Natalie put her gum on a plate to "save for later".  She told my father-in-law to make sure no one threw it away.  He asked her if he could chew it in the meantime (don't worry...he was only teasing her ;), and Natalie said, "uh, sure, just put it back when you're done."  I guess I should be pleased with her generosity, but GROSS!!  Although, I shouldn't be totally surprised, because when she was three, she would ask her Daddy what he was eating.  When he would say gum, she would then ask to see it.  And, then, she would proceed to snatch the gum out of his mouth and start chewing it herself when he would show her.  Sneaky little thing!  Obviously, the girl will stop at nothing to get what she wants.  I suppose that is not a bad trait, assuming what she wants is good.  I guess the responsibility lies with Phil and I to form her so that her goals and interested are geared towards all things Holy.  And, what a great responsibility that is!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...