Pages





Monday, August 16, 2010

On My Mind


 I can't meet the needs of all abandoned, starving children in this world, but I can serve and take care of the ones I've been given.
I can't show love and affection to every adult out there who is broken in spirit, but I can give unconditional love and understanding to the man I married before God and His Church.

I can't stop every woman who walks into an abortion clinic from choosing evil, but I can openly and lovingly accept all the gifts of life that God sends to our marriage; whether I am ready for that gift or not.

All I can do to conquer the evil that is around me is to put love there instead.  Some of us are called to larger missionary acts, like Mother Theresa, St. Patrick, or St. Isaac Jogues, but some of us are called to be domestic missionaries.  

Sometimes, I feel so guilty about not being at abortion rallies, or serving in soup kitchens, or adopting orphans.  But, if everyone was out there, doing obvious missionary work, who would raise our children?  They would suffer for our negligence.  Yes, we do need more missionaries out there, but we also need more mothers and fathers who value the idea of moms at home with their children, and raising strong and virtuous apostles, so that the future will have those missionaries who go out into the field.  "The harvest indeed is great, but the labourers are few."  So, my part is to raise laborers.  Hopefully I can fulfill that need well in the eyes of God. 

3 comments:

Loren said...

I_love_this!
It's_so_true!
It's_definitely_something_to_remind_ourselves_of_on_those_days_when_it_seems_like_we've_hardly_accomplished_anything_besides_taking_care_of_our_children.

Anonymous said...

jumping around your blog, and I want to say this is a great post and something that I combat in my mind all the time, but I need to remember I have my duty at home first.

Cathy LeBlanc said...

Thanks, Josette! It really is a struggle, but at the same time, I have to always remind myself of the value of being "just" a mother and wife...it's hard, because most of the time there's very little worldly glamor and praise for it.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...